Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Follow Up



I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone that helped support the Heavy Manners Charity Drive we had during the wild fire episode that plagued San Diego and Southern California this past year.

Having acted on a impulse we told everyone we would be donating the funds raised to the San Diego Red Cross. When it came time to make the donation I found out through numerous friends and some web research that the SDRC doesn't actually help in the aftermath after they break down their relief shelters. They offer an important service during the actual crisis, but do not offer services to people once the crisis is deemed under control.

That being said I made the decision to donate the check in full to one family that lost their entire home. It was sort of selfish move on my part because I went to grade school with the family's son and wanted to actually see the process all the way through.

I have never spoken to someone more grateful in my entire life. It felt really good and I am defiantly going to do more charity work in the coming year.

Thanks again to everyone that posted the flyer online.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment